Koç University, positioned in Istanbul, chicken, is among the leading universities in the united states, distinguished by contributions to training, understanding, and service, both domestically and internationally. The university reacts to an ever growing dependence on focused graduate programs in Global Relations, providing students thorough training for professions in research, politics, international plan and company.
The University's goal declaration reads, in part, "students find the intellectual nerve to ask and matter while developing the smoothness essential to act as custodians of democratic values and freedom. Led because of the greatest standards of educational and interpersonal development, the institution collectively imparts the vital thinking essential to evaluate knowledge, the creativity to nurture and surpass this knowledge in addition to curiosity for lifelong learning."
Graduate pupils from AU can enlist at Koç for starters semester. Pupils has to take a complete courseload at Koç and may make as much as 9 credits toward their AU degree.
Subject matter at Koç include:
- Globalization and Overseas Relations Concept
- Relative Politics
- Chicken while the Global Political Economic Climate
- Dilemmas in Turkish Politics
- Global Political Economy
- Politics of European Integration
- Europe when you look at the Worldwide Framework
- Anatolian Civilization and Cultural Heritage
Pupils might are able to participate in research projects with Koç professors members on a non-credit bearing foundation.
All classes tend to be conducted in English.
Fall: mid-September - mid-January
Spring: February - May
As a result of differences when considering the AU and Koç scholastic calendars, pupils are encouraged to participate in this program into the springtime semester.
Students are registered through SIS Office of International tools for up to nine (9) AU-Koç trade credits (SIS-771). These change credits cover this program credits just; analysis and/or internship credits tend to be registered under typical AU recommendations. NB: Students must carry a full courseload of 9 AU credits while their studies at Koç.
- Pupils must talk with their particular AU scholastic consultant and get formal pre-approval for programs they wish to simply take through the System before enrolling at Koç. This ensures that credits gained in the system could be used toward the student’s AU level.
- Students pre-register for Koç programs via an on-line portal ahead of the start of semester after which meet with their assigned advisor at Koç to ensure their classes.
Tuition and charges
Pupils pay regular university fees, crisis intercontinental medical health insurance, and technology costs to AU. Pupils try not to spend the student activity charge, sports center cost, or SIS fee while studying at Koç University.
Students have the effect of any incidental expenses, such library fines and laboratory fees, incurred at Koç during the program. Students have the effect of all individual costs including housing and transport. Pupils should expect to purchase museum entry fees and meal during arrival positioning at Koç. Besides, students need to pay the residence permit fee which will be around $100 (USD).
Most of the grad pupils are positioned in flats on West Campus made for grad pupils (2 kilometer from primary campus). The area includes a bed, desk, wardrobe, and bedside dining table. Each bathroom is provided by 4 students. Each flooring has shared kitchens. A free shuttle runs between main campus in addition to graduate apartments.
Visas and Immigration
When admitted toward Program, pupils are given a letter of acceptance by Koç. Students use this document to try to get their particular pupil visa at nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.Consular information is found through .
During the semester ahead of the start of the system, the SIS Office of Overseas products conducts a mandatory pre-departure meeting. Topics covered feature administrative, logistical, protection, and cross-cultural dilemmas. Koç additionally holds orientation activities inside week before classes begin each semester. Orientation tasks feature Survival Turkish classes, Koç University Academic Information program services, activities with pupil groups (such volleyball, baseball, basketball tournaments), an Istanbul city tour, brunch in a traditional village close by, an ice skating celebration, etc.
- Perfect and distribute the into the SIS Office of International Programs (OIP) by the specified deadline for the semester in which you plan to study abroad. Students may not apply right to Koç University.
- After applications tend to be processed and evaluated, pupils are selected by SIS for nomination to Koç.
- As soon as selected, you will end up instructed to accomplish the Koç on the web application which requires these information be published:
- Passport size image
- Copy of passport photo page
- Official transcripts
- Koç helps make the final admissions decision and corresponds straight with system individuals with regards to all admissions and registration issues.